Tuesday, October 31, 2017

How to Make Your Home Ready for Fall and Winter


Today, I want to go over a few essential maintenance tips for the fall and winter months.

Selling your Salt Lake City home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Salt Lake City home? Search all homes for sale

Today I want to go over a few fall maintenance tips. Fall and winter hit us very quickly here in Utah, so there are a few ways you should think about preparing before it’s too late in the year to do so. First, get an automatic change form if you have renters in your property. That way, the property is automatically transferred to your name if they leave. I have literally walked into properties where I’ve found ice hanging from the ceilings. Getting an automatic change form can avoid disasters like this. Secondly, make sure you seal everything. Water can cause mold and structural damage, so make sure your doors, windows, and other areas are all properly sealed.


You absolutely do not want your furnace to go out when it’s 10 degrees outside.


This brings me to my third tip, which is to seal your gutters. I’ve seen basements actually flood because of water coming down from the gutter and directly into the basement. Also, another tip I want you to think about is to check your furnace on an annual basis. You absolutely do not want your furnace to go out when it’s 10 degrees outside. Make sure you are checking and maintaining it as needed. If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.